Sunday, July 19, 2009

How did Baumshell come to be?


Very simply. I was in need of 4 baby shower gifts within a couple of months, but on a budget. I wanted to give a useful gift that every mother (breastfeeding mother that is) could use. I had seen the other nursing covers on the market, but I wanted it to suit the style of the mom. For sewing purposes, I began making them reversible with two coordinating fabrics. I sewed in a soft, plush, reversible pocket in to hold a pacifier, a nursing pad, or used to wipe the baby's face. I use a sturdy D-ring to keep the cover in place and boning to keep the baby in view during nursing. One of the things I love about this cover is it discrete and others do not even realize what is going on. Another benefit of this cover is it measures roughly 24" x 36". Perfect for any size mother and any size baby. The baby is usually the focus of any baby shower, but the cover is something the mother wears. I do my best to find the fabric to compliment the mother's style. They are all custom made with high attention to detail.



What a blessing this little idea has been for me. I never expected the love of designing these covers to fulfill the creative side in me. What a joy it is to see how excited people are to get one of my covers. I have always loved giving gifts to others, but never realized I would be the one given the gift of such joyous smiles for something I created for them.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Brandy! I will look forward to keeping up with your blog! You do such great work and I love your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention that Baumshells are THE BOMB!!! Seriously - I love mine and am so sad Miss Em is no longer nursing but am determined to continue finding uses for it because it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete